Do You Qualify?
There are four criteria to tell whether Inspire could be the answer for you.
Based on FDA indications and insurance requirements, an Inspire-trained doctor will determine if you meet the four criteria below:
- Diagnosed with moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea
- Struggle with or can’t get consistent benefit from CPAP
- Not significantly obese
- Over the age of 18
Inspire isn’t for everyone with sleep apnea. Contact us. Your initial private consultation can be done via telephone or video.
Find a Clinic Near You.
Your initial private consultation can be done via telephone or video.
Contact us and our team will be able to assist you or visit our contact page find a clinic near you.
Prepare for Your Appointments
We will create an individualized care plan, which may include a sleep study or an airway exam.
For your initial Inspire consultation, you will need to:
- Bring your most recent sleep study and CPAP compliance report. Your doctor will determine if an updated sleep study is needed.
- Be ready to talk about your struggles using CPAP and any sleep-related topics, including prescription sleep medication, insomnia, and sleep anxiety.
- Write down any questions you have for us.
After the initial consultation, we will provide the next steps.
Most insurance providers cover Inspire. An Inspire-trained doctor can discuss insurance coverage requirements during an initial consultation.
Inspire is a same-day surgery in which you’ll be placed under general anesthesia.
- Inspire is placed under the skin using two small incisions.
- One incision is made under the chin and the second incision is below the collarbone.
- Most patients take over-the-counter pain medication and resume non-strenuous activities within a few days.
- Under the direction of your doctor, you can resume more strenuous activities within a couple of weeks.
- You can see how Inspire helps you sleep in the How it Works video.
Fine Tune Your Device
Your doctor will create a personalized plan to turn on and fine tune your Inspire.
- Approximately 30 days after getting Inspire, you will meet with your doctor to turn on Inspire.
- Inspire is controlled with a small handheld remote.
- As you step up levels and get used to sleeping with Inspire, you’ll have follow-up appointments with your doctor to determine which settings are best for you.
- Once you and your doctor determine the best settings for you, your doctor will check the status of your device 1-2 times per year.